Elogeme Adolphi Christian Sorority “Blessed Sisterhood” conceived by the Holy Spirit, birthed in prayer in order to form a true sisterhood, a portrait of Christ promoting a lifestyle of spiritual discipline, endeavoring to establish unity among sisters, dedicated to the spiritual growth and maturation of women as they pursue academic excellence, divine purpose and their destiny in the marketplace. In the presence of prevailing contradictions, Elogeme seeks to empower women to contend for the faith in Jesus Christ and stand upon the following foundational beliefs, principles and teachings:
ELOGEME’S STATEMENT OF FAITH
What We Believe and Teach
- Elogeme Adolphi Christian Sorority believes the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible Word of God. God breathed-II Tim. 3:16-17, Infallibility of scripture-II Peter 1:19-21, God’s word is perfect-Ps. 19:7, John 17:17.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in the Godhead, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. I Cor. 8:4-6, Isaiah 45:18, Fullness of the Godhead-Col. 2:9, Elohim-Gen. 1:26, I John 5:7, The eternal Godhead-Rom. 1:20.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, (Jn. 3:16), His virgin birth (Matt. 1:18-25), His sinless life (Heb. 4:15, Heb. 7:26, Heb. 9:14, II Cor. 5:21), His miracles, His victorious and atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection (Jn. 20:19-20) (Matt. 27:32-56, Luke 24:39, I Cor. 15:14). We believe In the Blessed Hope (Titus 2:13), which is His personal return in power and glory (Matt. 24:30).
- We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance (II Cor. 7:10, Acts 3:19 Acts 26:20), faith in the Blood of Jesus (Acts 20:28, Heb. 9:12, Matt. 26:28) and being baptized in water (Matt. 28:18-20, Acts 2:38).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit (Jn. 15:26, Jn. 16:12-33, Acts 2:33), by whose indwelling the believer is regenerated and enabled to live a godly life
(Titus 2:11-12) in this present world (Heb. 13:5).
- We believe in the operation of the gifts of the spirit (I Cor. 12, Heb 2:4) and their full manifestation within the body of Christ (Mark 16:17-18, I Cor. 12:31, I Cor. 14;1)
- We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4,17-18) is given to believers who ask for and receive him (Joel 2:28, Jn. 20:22)
- We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides healing for the body, soul and spirit (Isa. 53:4-5) Deliverance (Ps. 34:17, 50:15, 107:6,20) is available to all who seek it (Joel 2:32, Col. 12-13, II Cor. 10:3-4). We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost (John 5:28-29, Acts 24:15).